Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Personal, but I need advice...?

I'm 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I'm terrified to orgasm during intercourse with my husband. I have heard that it causes contractions and I don't want to complicate this pregnancy or hurt the baby. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage so I'm really walking on egg shells with this one. I know it might sound ridiculous but I really need reassurance that I wouldn't be compromising the pregnancy by having an orgasm during intercourse. Thanks in advance.


P.S.


Please, only mature answers only.Personal, but I need advice...?
I understand your fear; have you spoken to your doctor about this situation? Usually I would say there's no risk involved, since doctors usually encourage you to maintain your regular sexual activities (as long as you don't do anything too 'rough' or 'risky'); however, given the fact that you have had a miscarriage in the past, I would really advise you to talk this over with your doctor, even though it may be a little embarrassing, it's better to be safe than sorry, and it would be healthier for your relationship with your husband if you guys knew the risks and benefits beforehand. He could get frustrated with the situation if you don't want to make love all the way with him, but if it's a medical situation he will probably be more understanding than if he didn't know otherwise.





Also, the doctor could tell you there's nothing to worry about and you can begin enjoying your sex life again. In any case, good luck, and congratulations!Personal, but I need advice...?
Oh honey you can't start up your contractions until your body is ready for them. Basically during the end of your pregnancy you could start your contractions but as early as 14 weeks, all it will do is put your baby to sleep with the rocking motion. There is nothing to worry about. As long as you aren't feeling any discomfort during intercourse, everything will be fine.
having sex, and having an orgasm will not hurt your baby or complicate the pregnancy. If you have a miscarriage or have had one it would have happened no matter what you did, short some really drastic and terrifying things you can do to your body. Your little sweety is good and snug in there. Once you get past your first 3 months you'll feel better, after 6 months ready to go haha. But sex does not hurt the baby. That is an old wives tale. And orgasms do not hurt the baby either.
As long as your doctor says you are healthy enough to have sex, having orgasms are perfectly fine. I sympathize on your situation though, I am 23 weeks pregnant and walking on egg shells too after an earlier miscarriage.


It can cause contractions, my doctor said orgasms are good when your baby is running past it's due date. I wouldn't worry about it right now and if you still need reassurance, talk to your obgyn, thats what they are there for.


Congratulations on your pregnancy :)
At what stage did you miscarry? I wasn't able to reach orgasm with either of my pregnancies even though the urge was there. My doctor said that most of my blood was being used elsewhere - turns out I was anemic during both.





Believe it or not I did discuss that particular concern - not being able to reach orgasm with my doctor; so, have you talked with him/her about orgasm and your fear about jeopardizing your pregnancy?
Ah don't worry about it over much. I was worried about the same thing, I'm almost 14 weeks along as well and I've had 2 miscarriages. You should be safe enough now that you are in your second trimester. It will contract your uterus but it shouldn't throw you into preterm labor. Have fun, have sex, orgasm, just if you seem to have complications afterwards call your doctor and talk to them about it. Good luck!
Orgasms are perfectly okay. Yes, they can sometimes cause contractions but usually during the last few weeks of the pregnancy. Since you have miscarried, you should consult your dr. for a more reassurant answer, but honestly, they are okay.
No, you would not. The ony time your baby is in danger is if your on your back for long periods of time or your hubby is putting alot of air into your vagina when your having sex. But orgasms are okay and not only that but they feel great.
It does make the uterus contract but isn't harmful to the baby. And if you are worried, stick to one orgasm a day. The contraction feeling only lasts a minute or less...it should be fine!
You'll be ok, I felt kind of the same way but its ok you won't go into labor or anything, actually orgasms are even b etter now that your pregnant! They kind of feel more intense but really good! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment