Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any advice from personal experience?

i am getting awfully irritated these last couple weeks. I am now 16 weeks, 1 day pregnant. For the last two weeks i have not been able to sleep. I have awful leg cramps at night and I get up on average about every 2 hours to pee!! its awful! I want to sleep for like 5 or 6 hours without my sleep being interrupted. I have tried everything, hot baths, not drinking anythin ga few hours before bed, working out to help me relax when i lay down. It seems like nothing i do helps. No matter what, I am up and down all night long with leg cramps or using the restroom. Was anyone else this way and if so how did you get some sleep? or is this just one of those things we must deal with? answers are greatly appreciated, thanks ladies :)Any advice from personal experience?
Leg cramps are awful! What you can try doing is eating a banana before going to bed, bananas are high in potassium and magnesium. Which I heard will help relax your muscles, and your body.Any advice from personal experience?
Hey I know what you mean..





I had the cramps really bad a few weeks back. I found eating a banana before bed helps as it digests slowly and has lots of potassium in.


Go to the toilet before you go to bed and when sleeping, try and sleep on your left hand side with a small cushion between yours legs.


Your bladder is on the right so it eases some of the pressure off and the pillow helps to keep your spine and posture straight whilst you sleep making it more comfy for your insides.





Good luck with everything! Your nearly half way there now! :-)
Gosh I know what you mean. To help with the leg cramps i got, I would drink a slimfast everyday because it has enough potasium in it to help with cramps. Always helped me :)


As for the peeing- it is just something you have to deal with. My trick to help me get more sleep was to go pee right before bed, lay down in bed for about an hour/watch tv in bed, then get up and pee again, lay back down and go to bed. After that I could normally make it 4-5 hours.





Hope you find some relief :)
The leg cramps are caused from not getting enough calcium and potassium... you need more calcium in your diet. Nothing can help with the peeing, that's just something we all have to deal with. I suggest getting a pregnancy pillow if you don't have one, it helps a lot with getting comfortable and it keeps extra pressure off your uterus and bladder while you sleep. I hope this helps.
I hate to tell you but it will get worse toward the end. You may get a break soon and be able to have some good sleep but this is one of those things where different people handle it differently. I hope you get a break before the end of pregnancy fun begins!
I hear ya! I tried everything and nothing worked. I think it's just the joys of pregnancy. I don't want to be a damper but it gets worse. Hang in there. Nap if you can during the day. That is what has helped me alot.
with the going to the bathroom not much you can do i know it sucks with the leg cramps try a pillow under your feet i did that a few times i did =) hope the pillow will help
Sorry that comes with the whole pregnancy experience. It will never end and just wait until the baby gets here its worse.
I know how you feel with all of it. First lets start with the leg cramps. They are a part of pregnancy but even with you prenatal vitamins you can still need potassium so try eating foods that carries that, bananas is help with my pregnancy. You can't really stop the going to the bathroom as the baby grows it sits on your bladder so you will always have the urge to go pee. The only thing I can say about the sleep try laying in a position with a pillow between your legs and your head propped up. If that doesn't help ask your doctor he may have other ways to help you. Hope this helps and congrats on your baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment