Saturday, August 21, 2010

Please help with some advice, or personal experiences?...?

I am mortified and so upset its untrue! I was diagnosed in June with an underactive thyroid, I have been on thyroxine since then and not lost any weight! I have been eating healthy, working out at the gym and basically trying to lose weight! I went to my doctors today and have discovered I am 13.5 stone at 5'4'; I am a dress size 12-14 but he has told me I am clinically obese! I am so upset! he said I may have to go on diet pills! this is so frustrating! I exercise and eat healthy and dont lose anything! any advice or similar experiences! I fee really crappy! Please help with some advice, or personal experiences?...?
dont do diet pills there not worth it


you dont sound obese!





why not join weight watchers then you can still enjoy your favourite foods!


i have been doing it since may and have lost 1 1/2 stone doing it :)


Please help with some advice, or personal experiences?...?
Can't remember which way round but either under active or over active can put weight on. Your doctor should have explained fully your condition and the medication he/she has prescribed for you. Go back and get more information!! The comment about being obese is completely insensitive, it is likely to be a sympton/side effect. Doctors are there to support emotionaly as well as physically and should advise how to maintain your size not just dish out more pills. Write a list of questions and go back, also ask for any information sites that may help you. Good luck, stand your ground!!
Your thyroids help control your weight, health and emotions so as they are not working as well as they should then this could be the problem. Size 12-14 is not big so you dintt have to worry about that. Don't worry about your weight, noone likes too skinny girls, people like confidence.. you could be a perfect 10 and people could still possibly not like you because it's not about your looks.. it's about how you carry it off with confidence.


I don't have confidence in my apprearence but people think i do and that's what they like. When they like your confidence, they like everything else about you.





xx

No comments:

Post a Comment