Monday, August 23, 2010

I can never tell if we are just friends or more... (some advice or personal experience would be GREAT)?

My situation: I become pretty good friends with a girl, staying up late at night talking to her and stuff like that. We kinda flirt, but nothing serious.





So I end up liking the girl more and more as our friendship builds, and I eventually develop a crush on her.





This happened with one of my friends in the past.... I actually ended up asking her to prom and we went as friends. I really tried to let her know that I liked her and tried to make advances, but she never reciporocated.





I find myself in the same situation now. I've become pretty good friends with this girl and now I have a crush on her. At this point, it pretty much seems to me that she just sees us as friends. It's really killing me inside, and I'm almost positive that she doesn't feel the same way. I want to tell her that I like her, but I'm pretty sure she would just be suprised, and it'd make things very awkward and ruin our friendship. I don't think the risk is worth it...any advice?





Thanks a lotI can never tell if we are just friends or more... (some advice or personal experience would be GREAT)?
oh boy amigo i was in the EXACT SAME THING as you are in--


i became really great friends with this girl and for almost 7 years we were very close...always there for one another, always hanging out, talking on the phone--well, in a way i always had feelings for her but for the most part i always was very content with our friendship until our senior year...for some reason i just suddenly couldn't stand being ''just friends'' and wanted to be with her, but like yourself i didn't want to ruin the friendship, didn't want to make things awkward, etc...etc....i tried to keep my feelings on the inside, and it began to build up and almost was like ''over-flowing''--thanks to people here on yahoo answers and my friends on worked up the courage to tell her my feelings: we were going to prom and i called her one night to talk about her dress and my suit and i brought it up with her...she let me down gently and told me about her boyfriend who she's with to this day-it killed me on the inside...what killed me more was when she told me she had fallen for me at some point, but at that time i was talking to another girl and she didnt' want to mess that up for me...that really killed me





in the end my friend my advice to you is simple--we have one life to live and you shouldn't be afraid to let your feelings be known...but know this--you're young you have ALOT OF LIFE to live and alot of girls to mingle with. do what you feel and keep your head straight if she says she likes you awesome go for it, if not keep your cool they'll always be someone elseI can never tell if we are just friends or more... (some advice or personal experience would be GREAT)?
My impression from your story is that she's not interested in her, so I wouldn't risk losing face- just don't bother. Try to find someone else.





The unfortunate thing about young women (early 20s and younger) is that 90% of them are kinda insane and have this crazy idea that once you become friends with them, they can't date you. Unfortunately, this doesn't work well for decent guys who just want to get to know a girl before dating her.
I got myself in this situation but ended up dating the girl for three months ( my friend). And now we went back to being friends. It's crazy just be careful. Because in the long run I'm seeing that being friends with your girlfriend might be risky business.Being friends with her first that is. If you really like hanging out and having that friend, its way better than having a failed relationship ruin it. just my advice from my own experience.
Find a different girl because you are her ';friend'; it's to late. In the future never be super nice to a girl this allows you to go into the friend zone and you will never get out. She looks at you like she would look at a gay guy ';as friends.'; Sorry bro, find any other girl and use her as a band aid for a night or two. Don't get into any relationship until your at least 25
if her friendship is worth a great deal to you and you don't think she feels the same i would just keep it inside. i made the mistake once of telling a friend that i liked him. i was'nt sure how he felt. after i told him he just walked off. he never spoke to me again, he did'nt even want to sign by year book at the end of the year. i was crushed.
You'll kick yourself if you don't take a chance and something ';could have'; been. I took that chance, and my husband (high school sweetheart and best friend from high school) and I have now been together for 10 years and married for 3 years. Sometimes, love means putting everything you feel on the line for just a chance. Best of luck!!
stay friends with her, but like on her b-day or christmas give her a romantic gift like roses and have a note suggesting something like ';ive loved having you as such a close friend. i hope to see you even more in the future'; so she'll know you're interested, but if she doesnt like you it wont be as awkward when she doesnt reciprocate feelings.
I know what you mean.. I can understand you not wanting to ruin friendship. But I think that you should just tell her how you feel.. She might just be shy and she might feel the same way and afraid to tell you how she feels about you too-





Good luck and hope it worksout for you!
if u dont think she likes u she probably doesnt, but just because she says she doesnt doesnt mean its true.... i'm not bein perverted here but get her intoxicated alittle and see what happens i'm not sayin take asvantage of her but usualy alittle alcohol can bring out deep feeling
Man, Oh man. Just take a stab at it, If she doesnt like you thats HER lose.
talk to her tell her how u feel and see wat she says
You should tell her as soon as you can. The longer you are friends, the more she thinks of you as a friend. Telling her is really going to be worth it, and if she is as understanding as any friend should be then she will continue to be your friend, as long as you make it clear that if she doesn't like you back that you will be her friend.





For future reference, if you know you might start to like a girl then don't become close friends with her before hand, because in most cases after you are a trusted friend they can't think of you as anything more. Keep your distance from the girls you like, and the first few times you talk to her you should make it clear that you are interested in her as more than friends.
I'm in this situation before that one of my boy friends give me some hints with body language and actions. I know that he like me but I pretending don't know. I told him that you are my best friend forever, then I introduced him with my beloved without hurting his feeling. Until now we still maintain our friendship.





So maybe you may give her more obvious hint that you like her or you can test her whether she is jealous when you are very close to other girls - if yes, it might be a good sign for you.If not I suggested you that don't approach her to be your gf anymore to maintain your friendship, coz it very difficult to have an opposite sex to be your very best friend. Am I right?





Hope I did answer what you are looking for! Good luck, all the best guy! ;)
You should look for any signs indicating whether she is interested in you. When you flirt , does she flirt back ? is she aware that you are flirting with her ? Also see how she reacts to physical contact with you. Also check with her , if she has a crush on someone else, if she does, she probably would want to be just friends. If she does and doesnt want to tell you , may be she is interested in you . If she does not , you could have chance. Finally you still need to ask her , for nothing is clear until she says it to you.
You know the risk isn't worth it. Next girl you come across that embodies all the qualities you like, flirt with her from the start. Develop a friendship but make it clear you want more.





Honestly, a woman knows within five minutes of meeting you what kind of relationship the two of you will have. Once you're a friend, that's it. You can change things if she has some major problem with a current bf and leans on you, but that happens rarely. Enjoy your friendship. If it stands the test of time, it will be worth more than any time you would have spent kissing, etc.
  • sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment