Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm looking to get a monroe piercing. Any advice? Or personal experiences? ne1 kno any sites that give advice?

Example of monroe piercing here %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; http://www.thinkittattoos.com/images/mon鈥?/a>I'm looking to get a monroe piercing. Any advice? Or personal experiences? ne1 kno any sites that give advice?
i have the most helpful advice you could ever get, and it's worth your while to take my word for it cos i've dozens of piercings.





ANY piercings around the mouth, whether it's a lip, tongue, monroe, can lead to gum and/or teeth damage. the metal post which is placed in the piercing is very hard on the teeth and gums and will wear away the tissue over time.





when your piercing has healed fully, switch to a plastic labret post instead - it is much softer on the inside of your mouth and will not cause damage to your gums or teeth yet you can still wear aky kind of ball on the end.





as far as the piercing goes, it's not too bad and provided it's positioned in a way which won't catch on your teeth when you talk or eat it will be really easy to heal.I'm looking to get a monroe piercing. Any advice? Or personal experiences? ne1 kno any sites that give advice?
I did my monroe myself. Doesn't hurt one bit.


My advice, If you do get a monroe, get a stud with a smaller ball on it. The larger ones tend to make it look worse.

Report Abuse



Don't know why they call it that because Marilyn's beauty mark was a lot higher up than that, a good half an inch higher. Why would you want one anyway, just makes you look cheap.
Personally I dont like them but if you do go ahead and get one done make sure you go somewhere reputable. I had my belly button pierced and shopped around till I found somewhere I liked and felt comfortable with. It was more like a Dr's surgery than a shop and everything was really clean and bloke who did it was nice too. I didn't have any problems with it and it healed really well, other people I have known have had lots of problems with their piercings.
i can't help with the advice, but i do think that they look cheap, havn't yet seen one that looks classy
its a cool percing, get it no worries!
They are quite safe i believe but how they look is a real dodgy point . I find they only suit some people my friend got one and it looked awful but i have seen people with good ones. Its taking the plunge i guess .





Hope it goe well
I had a monroe piercing about 2 years ago. I think they look fab (little twinkling diamond sort). I went to a fully licenced piercing shop. They will draw a dot and ask if it's in the right place. Then a spray or numbing cream is applied inside and outside of the upper lip. The area is tightly clamped and a piercing is made with a sterile needle. Then the stud is inserted. The back (flat disc) is then screwed onto the bar. The process takes only a matter of minutes and you'll feel a second of pain that's all.





Aftercare: Bath area with salted distilled water or even better Savlon Wound Wash after 2 weeks you need to visit the shop for a smaller bar to be inserted as the swelling will have gone done.





Unfortunately my piercing never healed right (don't let that put you off as I do have very sensitive skin and reactions to all sorts of things) and it always looked a bit like a red zit so I decided to take it out. Also be prepared for very mixed reactions as some liked it and others hated it.





Anyway good luck girl, go and get it done :)
Don't do it, I think they look horrible!
Remember you wil get old gray and wrinkly....and infections can cause you to lose parts of your body.....make sure they KNOW what they are doing..check with the Better Business Bureau first...
I don't know what it is ,or where !
don't get it. it looks really dumb. i'm in europe now and it's the first time i've seen it outside of the US. it's somewhat popular here but it looks retarted. my friends look at the people with it and think, how stupid can you get?
  • hand soap
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment