Saturday, August 21, 2010

PLEASE ANSWER!!!! I NEED ADVICE AND OTHER PERSONAL EXPERIENCES!!?

ok i went to the doctor yesterday and they said my cervix was VERY soft but still very closed and i haven't began effacing yet...they checked my blood pressure and it was 138/88 or something of that nature and then they checked it again before i left and it was still that high so then the doctor asked my nurse about my urine sample and they said they found a trace of protein in my urine..so he gave me these papers to take over to the main hospital to get a 24 hour urine specimen kit...i have to pee in a big gas can looking container for 24 hours and take it back tomarrow....i have to go back to the doctor this tuesday and see if im doing better..im due next tuesday..o my doctor also mentioned if this keeps up he might induce me.....anyone else had this experience and end up being induced earlier than your expected due date??


PLEASE ANSWER!!!! I NEED ADVICE AND OTHER PERSONAL EXPERIENCES!!?
Yes, that happened to me. Same exact scenario. It was only about a week before my due date and they chose to induce me. Unfortunately the baby was breech (dumb doctor) so I had to have an emergency C-section after I dilated to 10cm. I'm sure this won't happen to you but heads up, if they do induce make sure they know they baby's position:) PLEASE ANSWER!!!! I NEED ADVICE AND OTHER PERSONAL EXPERIENCES!!?
They are keeping an eye out for preeclampsia. i had it with my 3rd child. They induced me 7 weeks early for high blood pressure. They started me at 9 am and had her by 3 pm. She was really early and spent 2 weeks in the hospital. She's a happy healthy 6 year old now. No further problems with me either.
I have high blood pressure the majority of my pregnancy. I have done the 24 hour urine collect probably 5 times my whole pregnancy (it's done to get an average amount of protein you are spilling in one day) Any amount over 300 is considered pre-eclampsia, 1600 is high. I have never had over 500 in mine, so I am considered mild preeclampsia. Anyways, I am 37 weeks today. My doctor is going to induce me at 5am Tuesday morning because of my blood pressure. Chances are, if yours doesn't go down, you might be induced too. They made me wait until 37 weeks because by then you are considered full term and babies lungs should be developed.


Oh and I was planning on having a c section because my cervix was still long and thin, but he checked yesterday and said it has started to soften, so we are trying to induce. They are giving me Cervidel on Monday at 5 pm to soften my cervix, then starting the picton 12 hours later, 5 am tuesday morning.


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment