Monday, August 23, 2010

Going from glasses to contact lenses...personal experience would be great, or advice!?

I am getting contacts soon, (proper prescription version) after wearing glasses for almost, say 12 years. It is for a self confidence boost and becuase my school formal is coming up in 4 weeks. Do you have any advice? Especially girls; like makeup tips for brining out small eye?and hiding a glasses tan :) Like what it feels like etc. Do you regret it?





I am keeping my old glasses for home time, I will keep the contacts for school, work and outings.





ThanksGoing from glasses to contact lenses...personal experience would be great, or advice!?
Definitely contacts ALL THE WAY!!! I'll never go back to glasses. They get sweaty, and slide down, and you see out the sides of them. Contacts are wonderful! One thing to make sure of though is to get the right brand. I had the wrong ones for the longest time and I could always feel them in my eyes and they dried up soo easily. Now I have O2Optix breathable lenses, and they make a WORLD of difference. Ask your eye doctor about them. They don't dry out easily at all, and they're really comfortable. Also, you need a good solution to soak them in. I've used alot of different ones, and I'd definitely recommend Opti-free Replenish solution. It keeps your contacts from drying out..it helps alot more than most of the solutions.





One makeup tip I've heard for bring out small eyes..is to put a little eyeliner on the outer corners of the eyes..if you know what I mean. Like the outer quarter of each eyelid. It kind of stretches the eye out. And what I do is line the inner eyelids, like on top, it'd be under your eyelashes. Lift up your eyelashes and line that little line of skin there, and then on top, smudge the liner into the eyelash line to make it look natural. Make sure there's no space between the liner and your eyelash line. That'll make your eye look bigger.





I hope this helps at least a little. Take care and good luck with the contacts--I'm sure you'll love them!Going from glasses to contact lenses...personal experience would be great, or advice!?
i had glasses from 2nd grade untill two or three days before i went into 5th grade. after being used to the glasses i was freaked when i had to try the contacts..after i did though i loved them. it only took a couple days for me to get used to them they dont feel uncomfortable at all now. ive worn them for 3 years now. when im puttin make up on i just use darker colors to make my eyes look bigger..i would never go back to just having glasses though.
yeah switching from glasses to contacts can be and exciting thing. well at least for me it was.





at 1st it felt a little akward and weird having a thing in your eye at all time. it takes a bit to get used to but im sure you will get used to it in no time though putting a lense in your eye the 1st few times may be dificult cuz my eye would blink and flintch alot and wouldnt let me put it in. but now im glad i can do it in less the 10 sec. =]





i still like to wear my glasses when im at home or having a lazy day at school or something. but sometimes your eyes do get irretatated for having them in there.





im not a girl but im sure that with the proper make up you can hide your tan line from your glasses and make your eyes come out more.





hope i helped by giving your my personal expierience. if you wanna check out who i am go to myspace.com/nk101





=]]
I had glasses for 4 years and never got the hang of contacts until last year. They are the best thing ever!! I NEVER wear my glasses and dont regret them one bit. As makeup goes, just put a bit more mascara on your eyes and accent with some eyeshadow and slight eyeliner. It makes a world of differnce.

No comments:

Post a Comment