Thursday, July 29, 2010

Any professional or personal experience advice on oral curettage?

5 yrs ago I had a root canal on tooth #19, an abscess formed nearby and was drained. I have had swelling there for a couple years and started seeing a dentist recently. He did a root canal on #18 and eventually extracted #s18, 19, and 20. I was told root canals ';don't take'; on my teeth. Swelling persisted, x-rays show infection to the jawbone. I was referred to an oral surgeon and am scheduled for curettage and possible biopsy under general anesthetic. I understand I'll be asleep and they'll scrape the infection away and check any damaged tissue for cancer. Anything else I need to know? My doctor seemed to think I was after drugs and didn't answer questions to my satisfaction but I know this is the only way to be rid of infection so I'm going to do it. I'm a smoker who won't be able to, can I use the patch after surgery with clindamycin %26amp; Vicodin? How long will I be in pain-doc said 4 days? I'd like an idea of what to expect when I go in, and what I'll go through after. Thanks.Any professional or personal experience advice on oral curettage?
u would be able to use the patch after. the less u smoke the area will heal faster. when they remove the teeth u will just feel presure. the clindamycin and the vicodin are really good meds to take after so u will be fine in sense of pain, but the erea could get a little inflamed a day afterAny professional or personal experience advice on oral curettage?
I don't know if I can answer your very good question, but I'll try. To find out everything you want to know about dentistry, orthodontics, gum grafting, oral surgery, wisdom teeth, jaw correction surgery (orthognathic surgery), dental implants, jaw bone grafting, fractured jaws, IV sedation, oral cancer, gum sores, post operative care or whatever to do with the surgery of the face, mouth or jaws (oral %26amp; maxillofacial surgery) in Australia, go to oceansurgical dot com dot au

No comments:

Post a Comment