Thursday, July 29, 2010

Personal relationship advice?

Well this is rather personal.. but on this site I'm practically anonymous- so here we go: I just turned 30, and I have had my fair share of girlfriends over the years. Three years ago I met a girl that I really went for who is now 25. She was getting out of a rough relationship that was trailing off, and I encouraged her to get out of what appeared to be a verbally abusive situation. I remember clearly that she would lie to her X-bf on the phone about where she was or who she was with, but I didn't care because she was with me. She is drop dead gorgeous, and intelligent and nerdy to boot. Which was great for a undercover dork like me. Things seemed very good for us for the most part for two years. We were in love, which was the second time really that happened for me. We were pretty much inseparable, and very affectionate towards one another. About a year ago we were talking about moving in together and whatnot, but there was a concern about her family understanding (philippino) and accepting me(american), and bridging our cultural differences. She had also mentioned before that she was scared of committment because she came from a rough family background, but she told me many times that she wanted us to get married, and talked about what our future kids would be like etc. For the first time I never flirted around with other girls, and I never cheated on her. Well all of a sudden she just started flaking on me. We would have plans to get together and she would dissapear for days at a time with no word. She has never been one to confront a difficult situation, so she would lay low, and then hang out and say that she was with friends and that she wasnt cheating on me. Well this has happened many times, and Im afraid of giving up on the one I love, and I am scared that I will lose her honestly. But I guess I dont know what to do.. I know there are plenty of fish in the sea, but Im very loyal to people that I let into my life, and its seems impossible for me to let go. I have kept these ideas to myself, but I cant deny that everyday she has been on my mind. She doesnt like to talk about whats wrong, and maybe now Im in the same position that her old ex was when she met me. All my friends are mad at me for even considering her still, they all think that she is cheating, but I dont want to believe it I guess. Ive been dating other girls off and on over the last few months, but nobody compares to her in my mind. Any serious advice is appreciated :) I just want to feel better.


Personal relationship advice?
when you truly love someone you have to fight for them and do everything you can to have that person I would first talk to her and tell her how you feel and then I would take one day at a time really

No comments:

Post a Comment