Saturday, July 31, 2010

What do you think of my nursing personal statement? Advice please.?

Ok i want to become a Mental Health nurse...


What do you think of my personal statement? Do you think i need to improve on it any further? I am out of education at the moment so i don't have any one to really discuss it with, thanks.





Nursing, in my opinion, is a career where you never really finish training.


It is a highly demanding career that brings new challenges every day, but with it comes many rewards and a real sense of job satisfaction.





Nursing is such a diverse, challenging and worthwhile career that I feel it is the right course for me. It is a vocation for people who are practical, conscientious, reliable and who find it easy quickly to establish good, trusting relationships with new people. I have these skills and a genuine desire to help people when they need it most as well as possessing the relevant qualities and attributes to become a nurse - Passion, commitment, integrity, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, assertiveness and empathy.





I embarked on a National Diploma in Care course in 2005 at ******* Regional College. My college placements have involved caring for babies and children 鈥?including children with special needs. I have also cared for adults with debilitating mental illnesses such as Alzheimer鈥檚 and Dementia and physical illnesses such as Parkinson鈥檚, Cancer and MS. This course inspired me to carry out a career in nursing, as I would like to learn more about health care and develop my knowledge and practical skills to qualify me to be able to practice as a nurse.





I am very passionate about the coming years and I feel that pursuing a career in nursing would allow me to truly attain the skills and abilities that are needed, to care and provide support for people with mental health problems. I am a determined and hard-working student and studying such a satisfying career like mental health nursing at your university would be a privilege for me.What do you think of my nursing personal statement? Advice please.?
I think this is an excellent personal statement. It shows you have experience and have clearly thought hard about what it means to be a nurse and why nursing is so important. I think its very good.





Best of luck and I hope you get into the university you want and enjoy your career as a nurse - I personally love it! Best decision I ever made was going into nursing. Good luck!What do you think of my nursing personal statement? Advice please.?
It is good but you need to work on the punctuation.
Content is very good. You will want to have somebody who is good with punctuation go over it, you are missing a few commas. Its good that you put in your experience, I think that shows you know what you are getting into and can handle the challenges.
It sounds like you will be a very good nurse. As long as you are willing to do this kind of work and don't mind working long hours, and put up with the hassles you will always be able to find a job.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, when it comes to personal statement nursing, it's good that you put in your personal experience and influences and if you able to mention your experience etc, in your personal statement in an impressive way then it must be a well written personal statement.

Post a Comment