Thursday, July 29, 2010

Personal trainer advice!?

hey guys, im 5'7'' and about 135lb. I recently was approached by a personal trainer for my free 1hr session. I accepted and it was TOUGH! He told me that if I wanted to see him 2 times a week for a month at $25 a session it would be $200 a month AND he would throw me in 2 free sessions. He quoted me about 6 months to a year to lose 10 pounds AND get muscle toneness. All in all I am going to him for about 11 months, that is a great deal of money when I want so little????????





He told me they take out $200 on the 31st every month. The initial start up fee today when i signed up was $39 so a total of $239 and he said he would take it out TOMORROW (friday) and start my 1st session. It seemed like a rip off to me to charge me for a whole month when I just signed up today, Am i right? told him I would start around August 15th and he said he'd postpone my payment until then.








How long should I continue with my trainer? And was he trying to rip me off?Personal trainer advice!?
I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like you bumped into this ';trainer'; at LA FITNESS. If this is the case, drop him immediately. Nearly all the personal trainers at that gym are phonies. They are not even employed by LA FITNESS. They are a separate company that pays to be in their workout facility. They are also for the most part very poorly educated about real fitness, and very unreliable with their appointments.





If you are working out seriously enough to consider a personal trainer, take the time to look up or order a high quality workout routine online which you can follow every day. The reason his estimate is so long, is because he assumes you will only get a quality workout with him twice a week.





My advice...if money is not an option and you are serious about a person trainer, hire one that you will be seeing 5 times a week. If money/time is a problem, bag it altogether and work on putting together a good routine of you own.





Good luck. :-)Personal trainer advice!?
Your trainer seems quite affordable. most trainers average closer to 50 an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment