Thursday, July 29, 2010

Personal Statement advice!?

So I'm about to write my personal statement for college and I just need some advice on what to do and what not to do. What has worked for you or what do you regret doing? Any help would be great!Personal Statement advice!?
Be honest. Write in a way that you feel would be appealing to someone reading it. Try and stand yourself out from the crowd, the people with a bit of flair and uniqueness to them will always come out on top. Say why you're interested in the subject(s), and what you've done to satisfy your interests.





They're looking for people who are genuinely interested in the subjects, and students who are pleasant, smart, and willing to work hard, and have some flair to them. Just type whatever first comes to mind without thinking too hard and edit it later - it needs to flow well! I managed to get some miracle offers with just 1 poor A level from a well written statement.





Good luck!Personal Statement advice!?
Best advice is to be honest about yourself because you don't wanna write something that is not 'you'. Maybe start out with a personal anecdote to capture the readers attention. Then talk about your career goals and aspirations and how you intend to get there. If you've done hands on research/work experience talk about that. Also provide info about your accomplishments, etc. You should the general questions like Why should they be interest in you? and Why are you interested in their school and respective program, etc? Good luck.
well for my personal statement for grad school. I talked about myself, I touched a little on my background and what I wish to accomplish. Also mention your short term and long term goals in life. Do exactly what is says its a personal statement so make it personal. Dont think about regrets, just think about your best qualities.





Personal statements are the easiest, its about YOU.....
atleast make it through the first week man...

No comments:

Post a Comment