Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need your personal exp. advice...?

I checked with my insurance company and she is checking my plan but is pretty sure that they will drop me due to a pregnancy.


Should this be a reason that i wait till later.


Or is there other plans out there i can get that will cover me and my child?


serious answers only please


this is a hard situation


i dont want to have to give up all because of insurance.I need your personal exp. advice...?
You would need to look in the original contract that they gave you when they sent you your card. Some states don't allow insurance companies to call pregnancy a pre-existing condition, so even if your original contract says that you're not covered, it's worth doing research to find out if that's really true. Call your state attorney general's office and they'll tell you where to look for more info.





Medicaid and WIC will both cover women who are uninsured or underinsured, too, so lack of insurance shouldn't be a reason to have to make a sad decision. Check out this site for more info:I need your personal exp. advice...?
you state should offer insurance for pregnant women. that is what i have. check on the internet for you local Family independence agency and call and ask them for information.
I am from Canada, but I think this information still applies.





I would get a copy of the contract the insurance company has to see exactly what it says about pregnancy. You may also want to consult a lawyer no matter what it says - it could be against your civil rights.
if you have health ins. they can not drop you unless it is underwritten with a clause that says on your policy that they do not cover it
  • hand soap
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment