Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cartilage piercing?! personal accounts/advice please :)?

Hey people!





I'll be turning 16 very soon and for a long time - since i was like 8, i've wanted to get my right ear cartilage pierced (the bit at the top)





I've heard that its bad to get it done with a gun and i'm fine with finding the safest way possible i.e. with a needle, right, but theres just a few things that are holding me back...





1) About how long would you say it takes to heal


- will i be sleeping facing my wall for good?





2) Are studs definately not a good idea? - even after healing?





3) Is the risk of infection HIGH


i do know that it's much higher than lobes.





Overall if you had one: would you recommend it, and how did it go?





thanks!Cartilage piercing?! personal accounts/advice please :)?
I have two cartilage piercings in my right ear so I have experience in this area. It is done with the gun just like having your ear lobes pierced. I had them done at two different times with each of my kids because they wanted one so because you pay for two ears I just took the 2nd one. It does hurt more to have that part of your ear pierced because there's no fat in that area like your ear lobe.





1. It took awhile to heal because of the location but at least I could sleep on my left side and it wouldn't bother that ear.





2. Studs go in when they do the piercing with the gun but once you can change them out put in small hoops. The hoops allow air to get all around and the back of the stud has a pointy edge that kept going into my head when I'd turn in my sleep and end up waking up in pain.





3. There is always risk of infection but I bought whatever product they sold at the ear piercing place and it worked great. Plus once I put in the small hoops it was sooooooooo much better.





I was happy to have it done with my kids and I would do it again. I think you have to have an adult sign for you to have it since you're under 18 and I would go to a place to have it done rather then a friend. Good Luck and see if maybe your Mom will have hers done too!! :)





Hope the helps.....Cartilage piercing?! personal accounts/advice please :)?
i got my cartilage pierced 3 weeks ago. i went to walmart and they did it with a gun and it hurt less then a regular ear piercing i didnt have any infection and i dont have any problems with it , if you want 2 do it doit , and your face cant get paralized that is for nose piercing

Report Abuse



I got mine when i was 14 and im now 15. it takes a year for it to completly heal but only like less then a week for you to sleep on that side. i got mine done with i guess a gun, i dont know it had a sharp earing in it and was like a hole puncher. studs are fine because thats what i have, and the risk of infection isnt very high. they should give you some stuff for it and even though i got it i only used it for half the time i was suppose to and it still didnt get infected. so yea i would recomend it, i got both mine done and think they are great. some advice would be: get real earings like gold not medal because it will prevent infection, and if you get studs turn them every now and then so the skin doesnt grow over it. Have fun!
This was popular 10 years ago when i was in high school. do not do it!!!!!!!!!! It hurts worse than child labor.





also, once, while brushing my hair, the back of the earring got caught on my brush and i ripped the earring through my ear backwards. yes, it left a gaping, bloody hole.





the same goes for belly button piercing. don't do it. i did to be cool, now i have a scar that looks like a vampire bit me.
I got mine done when I was about 16. As long as you keep it clean, it's fine; mine's never been infected. I always always keep an earring in it. Yes it was painful at first (obviously) but you'll get over it. I've had my piercing for 7 years and I still love it!
personally, i think it looks kinda trashy. also....if the hit a nerve when the do it, that side of your face will be paralyzed
when i got mine done it didnt hurt at all and i could sleep on it that nite.





studs are easy and yeah, why wouold they be a bad idea?





mine hasnt gotten infected in the 2 years i have had it








and yea i would recomend it but maybe in ur left ear. but thats just me
1. took me about 2 weeks maybe?


no





2. i got a stud, i didnt like it personally, got a hoop.





3. well mine didnt get infected, just clean it.


But im not sure.








I do recommend it, its so cute. i got it when i was 10 and am now 13. It went fine!
I got the cartilage pierced , and at first it was a little discomfort to sleep, but just give it time and it will heal like anything else. If you take care of it as they tell you the risk of infection wont be high. They preety much tell you to keep the hair away from that area and avoid sleeping or putting pressure on that side. Healing process could range from 3-6 mnths and they will need to pierce with the stud at first... I worked at a piercing pagooda for xmas break and it was not painful to get it with the gun.. just relax and let them take care of the rest. get a cute little stud nothing big and it will look actually real preety. good luck
The cartilage isn't that bad. I got my pierced about 4 years ago and I had a stud. At first it was fine, until it was done healing. Then it started to get infected all the time. I went to PacSun and got hoop earrings. Hoops let air get through and it isn't putting pressure on your ear. I put a hoop in my ear and the infection healed up and i haven't had one since. I always say wait at least 3 months for it to heal completely. About the gun, i think it is the easy way to get it done. Trust me I have had piercings done with a needle and it is worse than the gun. The piercing site is going to be swore for a couple weeks. Just make sure you clean it and try not to lay one it.


You will be fine!
i am 13 years old and got my left ear cartilage pierced five months ago. i got it done by a gun. It did not hurt at all!!!!! i swear to God. you could barely feel it. a normal ear piercing hurts more. you cant feel anyting with a cartilage piercing. The best place to get it is claire because they are very clean. i am not lieing because i have seven piercings. my piercing went great. first i was scared and said forget it im not doing it, but then i did it and realized that i was stressing for no reason!!!!!!








1) it depends how you take care of it. i put htis ointment called becitracin on my ear every day. my ear started to heal very quickly. No, you could sleep on the side of your peircing. it might annoy you for the first week or two, but then you'll get used to it.








2) When you get it peirced they usually put a stud on. you could change it to a ring after 5-6 months like i did today.








3) The risk of infection is high and not high at the same time depending on how well you take care of it. i didnt get an infection. Dont play around with your ear too much. Touching it gives germs.








~~~~~**GOOD LUCK!!!!**~~~~~~
ok : Leave earrings in your earws for 8-12 weeks. After 8-12 weeks, you may remove earrings: however some types of post earrings must be worn at all times during the first year. If you clean it daily anr or put nesoprin on your ears you can avoid the serious infection. After your ear heals you can wear any type of earrings you want to. When people say that if you hit a nerve have of your face will be paralized thats just a lie friends of mine have done it them selfs and no nerves. But I think that you should just get it done were they just use a gun and put the earring through your ear. Because its probably the safest. I think that it look pretty good. and It really doesn't hurt that much. hope this helps. =)
I don't have one but I have a friend who does. It's just like a regular ear piercing. It heals at the same rate. Studs are better, you wouldn't wanna have hoops in that hole and it starts to irritate. I hope I helped
I have an industrial piercing...it hurt like hell! I got it done almost 5 years ago...it still hurts to sleep on it.. but i put my hand over my ear..I went to a piercing studio...they used a big hollow needle..


But they give instructions on how to care for it...cleansing it daily..and what not...I think studs are cute..I like the hoops though...and long as its small and doesn't get snagged or caught in your hair...
i have mines pierce and it dont hurt and the safest way to do it is by using a gun because u will be at a greater risk of infection if u use a needle and it will take about 2 weeks to heal and u can use any kind of earing after it has heels
1. Have u ever had the normal part of ur ear pierced. It takes about as twice as long to heal.





2. I dunno





3. Oh yeah! Especially if u don't clean them regularly.





4. if ur worried about the pain it hurts as much as a regular ear piercing (FYI: Not that much at all)





GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment