Thursday, July 29, 2010

Need personal experience advice and or legal advice?

My ex husband and i have a daughter together. He never wanted children. He was abusive and aggresive throughout our time together. He barely worked and smoked weed all the time. I had a steady job or jobs throughout our marriage. I finally got tired of the situation and got the balls to leave him when my daughter was two years old. We were about to be evicted and our gas had been shut off but he still got what he wanted when he wanted it. When i filled out the divorce and parenting plan papers i just wanted to be done with him so i agreed to whatever just to get him to sign. He is to pay 150 a month and visitation at my discretion and i have to take him to her. He didnt have a job and was just in a drug rehab cuz he had no other housing options at the time. I now have a great boyfriend who wants to adopt her as his own and has treated her as such for two years now. How can i force my ex to give up his rights? Do i have a legal leg to stand on since i should have tried to get them relinquished at the divorce but was afraid of him still? I need help to keep my daughter safe can someone help me? i dont have much money but i know that if i dont do something soon my daughter will not be the bright sparkling girl she is right now. Someone please help me im desparate!Need personal experience advice and or legal advice?
if you need legal advice.... call your lawyer.Need personal experience advice and or legal advice?
for a guy like that the best threat is usually money and responsablilty. tell him if he signs the papers for adoption he will not have to support the child or be responsable for any medical or legal bills in the future, but he will pay until she is eighteen otherwise. if that soesn't work, get legal aide.
You need legal aid that's affordable. Take the ex to court to prove how unfit of a husband/father he is.
My stepson's dad is inattentive, has an unhealthy lifestyle and is a bad person. He's still my boy's father. My wife and I looked into getting him to give up his parental rights, but doing so against his will is very difficult. The biological connection is strong.





Legally, the odds of you getting what you want is difficult. In the process, you may kill your ex, as well. Losing a child legally is still losing a child.


Your daughter will have to accept her biological father at some point. My stepson refers to me as 'dad' and his biological father as 'my other dad'. A child loves their parents for who they are, not for what they aren't.





You're absolutely correct in wanting to protect your child from the hard truth of the real world, but she will still have to live in it eventually. It's best to be honest and gentle with her, IMHO. Her stepfather will always be in her heart, too, and if he's the better man, she'll grow up knowing that she's loved unconditionally, and that's far more important than having a gaping hole where ones' unpleasant history is supposed to reside.


Good luck, and God bless.
You are definitely going to need legal aid to help you w/this situation. The child IS going to be the priority here. You can PROVE she would be bro't up in a loving respectable home. It also would relinquish your ';ex'; from having to pay anymore support for her. So this would be an advantage to him in that respect. You have GREAT support w/your present b/f who is a respectable person. This WILL go in your favor. I see NO reason why a judge would NOT do what's best for the sake of your child. Let the legal aid do the ';fighting'; for you, you do have a GOOD strong case in my opinion given the past records on your ex...the best to you, %26amp; I truly believe things WILL work out in your favor. Judges ARE very sympathetic when it comes to the welfare of a child...best to you %26amp; yours....:)
  • favorite lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment