Thursday, July 29, 2010

Personal question looking for advice?

i am fourteen years old and i don't get my ';monthly friend'; every month. sometimes it comes every other month or i don't get it for months at a time. the longest i not had it for is five months. my doctor keep saying its normal for my age but i don't think so. i am wondering what i should do?Personal question looking for advice?
It IS normal for your age, listen to your doctor. The same thing happened to me when I was younger. I got my period when I was 11 and up until about 2 years ago (I'm 21 now) my period was extremely irregular. There were times where, just like you, I could go for months and months without getting my period. Your body is going through a lot of hormonal changes right now since your still growing and developing.





Usually girls stop growing in their early twenties and your period should have worked itself out by then. If it hasn't, then you should go see your doctor about finding out what's up with your body. If you're extremely worried about it right now, you can always ask your doctor to test you for a hormonal imbalance, but I doubt that's the case right now.





For now, just eat healthy, drink plenty of water, exercise, and make sure you get your 8 hours of sleep. As long as you take care of yourself, you should be fine.Personal question looking for advice?
You should ask to see another doctor. Your period should be regular and or your doctor should be trying to help you regulate it ( most likely with birth control). I started my period when i was 13 years old and i had the same problem. I was scared to talk to my mom so I went to planed parent hood they will help you without telling your parents. And to the first comment you can still be pregnant even if you have your period. Here is some info i found maybe it can help.








While a missed menstrual period is the hallmark of early pregnancy, missing a period can be due to a number of factors and conditions. The term amenorrhea is used by doctors to describe the absence of menstruation. Primary amenorrhea (in which a woman does not begin menstruating) is very rare, while secondary amenorrhea (absence of periods in a previously menstruating woman) is much more common. Periods may also be irregular, with skipped periods, for the first few years after a woman has begun menstruating and in the perimenopause (the time period preceding menopause).





A woman is not considered to have secondary amenorrhea until she has missed three menstrual periods in a row. However, the causes of secondary amenorrhea are generally the same factors or conditions that can lead to a skipped period. If a woman is not pregnant, a missed menstrual period may be due to a wide variety of both physical and emotional conditions that range from lifestyle stress to rare and serious diseases. Many of the conditions that underlie missed menstrual periods interfere with the body's hormonal balance, particularly regarding levels of the sex hormones.
I believe its normal. It happens to me, I just got mine a little while ago, and it is irregular. Just got it again today. I like having the break. Its a pain. This time is the first I've had cramps and they are pretty bad. lol.





But yes, its normal at this age, especially if you started only a year or 2 ago, but its normal either way. Listen to your doctor. He knows best! :) Good luck with your little friend. hehe.
This is perfectly normal. Your body needs to take time to get used to it and it will not be regular right away. I am pretty sure mine took a year or maybe even two until it was regular. Your a normal healthy girl and this is just the way it is. Enjoy having a small break from it while you can.
If your doctor says its normal I would advise you to trust him.


but if you just can't. make sure your eating right, don't get stressed. plenty of sleep. all these things can make you irregular.
Well at least you get your period otherwise your pregnant.
Well you're doctor IS right... Just listen to him/her
its fine... listen to your doctor he nos best but yes you are perffectly normal.
its normal, happens to me still, and I am much older.

No comments:

Post a Comment