Thursday, July 29, 2010

UC personal essay advice? for prompt 1?

Prompt #1 (freshman applicants)


Describe the world you come from 鈥?for example, your family, community or school 鈥?and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.





If I write about an unique family situation and how it has fueled my desire to attend college and why I believe education is important, would my essay be too shallow?


Everyone who is apply obviously wants to attend college and thinks it's important so I'm debating whether to write about a general topic of why I think edu is important instead of something more specific such as why I am interested in a particular major.


On the other hand, my unique family situation HAS fueled my desire to attend college, so I would be writing from the heart, which is the kind of writing the UC says they hope to read about.





For ';how it has shaped your dreams and aspirations'; part, would something as simple as ';my family situation has shown me how important an education is and explains why I hope to attend college'; (with a LOT more details of course) be appropriate for prompt 1? UC personal essay advice? for prompt 1?
That's fine... you said unique. Go with it
  • favorite lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment